Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery in Mumbai
Dr. Kamlesh Jain is one of the leading and most Successful minimally invasive cardiac surgeons in Mumbai. He is known for using the finest techniques and inventions. The MICS unit, which stands for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, is equipped with world-class technology and robot-assisted machines. The cardiovascular surgeons and specialists on staff are highly skilled and specialized in performing Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery. MICS is used to treat a variety of cardiac problems, and it has proved to be very effective in treating even the most complex heart problems because it reduces the risk of post-operative complications.
What Is Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS)?
Cardiac Surgery with Minimal Invasive Techniques In contrast to conventional open-heart surgery, where surgeons have to make large incisions to directly reach the affected area, MICS is one of the safest and most advanced methods of performing heart surgeries by making small incisions of 5-6cm either on the right or left side of your chest. It's one of the best and least painful ways to treat a plethora of heart problems.
Reason for the Procedure
- Minimally invasive -so, less surgical pain
- Least or no blood transfusion.
- Lesser ICU & Hospital Stay
- Early return to routine activity
- No complications related to the sternum
- Cosmetically better & so psychological advantage
What are the conditions for which minimally invasive cardiac surgery can be done?
- MICS can be offered for almost all the pathologies of the heart like:
- Valvular heart Disease
- Congenital heart Disease
- Coronary heart Disease But it may not be suitable for all the patients. Patients selection is very important for MICS.
Following are the signs and symptoms which indicate the need for minimally invasive cardiac interventions:
- Shortness of Breath
- Persistent Chest Pain
- Pain in Left Arm or Shoulder
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Heart Attack
- Perspiration and Clammy Skin.
What are the Advantages of minimally invasive cardiac surgery?
- This leads to Less blood loss during the surgical process
- Smaller and fewer incisions need to be made on the human body
- Minimum damage to cells, tissues, muscles, and tissues
- Minimum pain and less period of hospital stay
- Minimum chances of infection
- Fast healing and quick recovery time
- Minimum visible scars
After Heart Surgery
- After heart surgery is done patients should make necessary lifestyle changes and take medications as the surgeon has prescribed. This is most important to maintain cardiovascular health after surgery because surgery is not the end of the process to heal the heart. Proper care after surgery and maintenance of the heart is important.
Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery Cost In India
- In Western countries, the average cost of minimally invasive cardiac surgery is very high. India is well-known around the world for its advanced medical facilities and cutting-edge technology in the area of minimally invasive heart surgery. India has many of the best hospitals for minimally invasive heart surgery. When compared to other nations, the cost of minimally invasive heart surgery in India is significantly lower. In addition, the cost of minimally invasive heart surgery in India is significantly less than in other developing countries. The Average Cost of Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery In India is INR 3,25,000.